Shipping Items to/from CAE Sound
- Use original factory packaging if possible, as it is the best packaging for shipping any unit to us for repair.
- If you use original factory packaging in good condition, then our handling charge can be waived.
- If non-factory original packaging is used, then our minimum handling fee will be charged. There are no exceptions.
- The minimum handling charge can be greater depending on the quality of the packaging used to ship the item to us and the weight of the item. This charge is to cover the time it takes to deal with the un-packing and packing of any unit shipped in for repair, and managing the packaging materials.
- Additional charges may apply to large or heavy items weighing over 40 lbs
- Ship freight prepaid. We do not accept freight collect packages.
- Please be VERY careful to ship your unit packaged for a safe trip.
- We use UPS for items that weigh less than 70 lbs.
- Our experience with heavier objects is that they frequently get damaged when shipped UPS.
- For small items weighing less than 5 lbs., bubble wrap and peanuts work well.
- Heavier units must be packed by a professional packing company using foam packing.
- We use the product called InstaPak Foam. It is a foam that expands to fit the item in the box, and it will absorb shock if needed. The problem with bubble wrap and peanuts is that the peanuts move out of the way of heavy objects, and bubble wrap will crush on the first impact leaving no protection for subsequent impacts.
- We will charge for packaging materials to re-pack any unit not sent in original factory packaging.